5 tips from the expert Dirk R. Pottilius, Head Customs & Fiscal Representation Ziegler Belgium.
1. Know your goods, their commodity codes and origin.
2. Know the customs value of your goods.
3. Respect the legal deadlines of customs legislation.
4. Be proactive with customs. Don’t let a problem lurk. Resolve it. If necessary, notify Customs and cooperate.
5. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of risk management from a customs perspective.
Don’t hesitate to contact Ziegler’s Customs & Fiscal Representation for help and advice.