What we are looking for:
- Contribute to the supply chain solution product definition.
- Support growing of team with mentoring and coaching
- Support strategic activities executed within Corporate IT function
- Drive the delivery of high-quality technology products and services
- Effectively demonstrate leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices and mentoring other team members
- Develop software following Ziegler’s coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes.
- Utilizes software engineering tools such as developers environments, build processes and debuggers in the software development process
- Creates and executes designs for new functionalities as part of software projects
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on design aspects
- Responsible together with the development team members for the development planning, the progress and the quality of the delivery
What you can expect:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Information System a must. Master degree preferred
- Experience in software development methodologies and processes (Scrum, Agile, Kanban, and Waterfall) in complex and highly integrated environments
- Good business English essential / French ideal
Competencies – Business:
- 10+ years of relevant, broad software engineering experience.
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into engineering requirements, and driving the delivery of high-quality technology products and services in dynamic environments
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Desire to code
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices and mentoring other team members
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Superior communication and analytical skills, including ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
- Capable to generate/create ideas/solutions
- Readiness to provide alternatives and optimized solutions
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in at least one major technical area: large scale systems engineering, building complex distributed systems.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
Competencies – Personal:
- Ready to take personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Demonstrates high levels of integrity
- High energy and resilience, and calm under pressure
- High commitment and positive attitude in the face of setbacks and obstacles
- Authentic, approachable, open and honest
- High priority for teamwork
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, committed and result-driven
- Fast comprehension and learning receptivity
- Ability to prioritize, plan, assign & control
- Ability to shape conversations to ensure focus and understanding
- Willingness to engage in constructive confrontation
- Excellent communication and listening skills, verbally and written; this includes technical writing and documentation
What we offer:
An attractive and modern workplace in an exciting and constantly growing area of freight forwarding and logistics services with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes. An open-ended employment contract and fair, performance-based pay. In addition, amenities such as fruit basket, water, coffee, etc.